Update, 11 Nov: not only are there MORE songs they are even BETTER songs! Team Danmark to win again!!
Being a librarian by training I’m a curation fiend and can’t resist the impulse to put things in orderly rows. So here’s a bulleted list of the coverage of yesterday’s news story about submissions to #dmgp, taken from a scan of the headlines on ESC Buzz and the #escdk and #dmgp tags on Twitter.
- Denmark: 872 songs submitted for DMGP 2014 – just the news from escXtra’s Liam Clark in Australia
- Denmark 2014 – eighthundredandhow many – OnEurope Live’s take: “how many of them are going to be the same song, like every other bl*ddy Danish Entry is yet to be seen!!”
- 872 songs submitted for the Danish Melodi Grand Prix 2014 – ESC Today’s Robin Scott with what looks like a straight translation
- Increased interest for representing Denmark at homefield at Eurovision 2014 – Eurovisionary’s Charlotte Jensen acing DR’s style of stating the bloomin’ obvious
- Denmark: 872 songs entered for DMGP 2014 – Eurovoix’s Anthony Granger includes a fab quote, shoot yourself now…
- Record of songs in Denmark! – yes really!! thanks for that 12points.tv
- Denmark: record number of entries for DMGP ’14 – ESCflashmalta’s Steven Spiteri has the factoid that in three (3) of the past four (4) years DK managed to finish in the top five (5), nice, plus there’s that quote again…
- Record amount of songs submitted to Danish selection – ESC Reporter Frederik’s news story has a nice pic (he’s used it before, mind) and a slightly less embarrassing mini-quote
- DMGP 2014: record of submissions – Oikotimes’ Danish correspondent Morten Kaiser is one to watch, he’s even got a Rasmus Ladefoged tag
- Denmark: breaks their own record in DMGP 2014 – ESC Web’s Tina Bekkholt gives it to us straight
So there you have it. Total: 10. Reportage: 6, journalistic values: 3, snark: 1.
Here’s an old favourite from #dmgp 2009, a vintage year: