Bigging up #AUT as hosts who realise it’s not all about them.
Featured image: Spittelau power station goes disco with #ISR
- Ann: Will suffer as show opener. Idea: come together at the end. Edged by #NOR as my winner, but FTW for Eurovizh going forward.
- Mik: Worthy qualifier and opener, but the live performance is dissappointing.
- Ann: La France shafted once again.
- Mik: Belongs to 1977, but she has a good voice and I like the build up of the song. And what an impressive video wall. But this a dreadful draw.
- Ann: He’s only 16, you know.
- Mik: Golden Boy delivers and this cheerful up tempo song will do well.
- Ann: Still charmless and repetitive. Shouldn’t knock a man for trying hele _nine_ times, but Stig sucks the air out of my world.
- Mik: Still a favourite and very convincing. Yes, they are moody but what an act.
- Ann: Jolly good show. Could salvage something from coming after Estonia. Not.
- Mik: Tricky: a lot can go wrong on the evening. Main worry: stage presence. This could be the new Scooch or be a Brotherhood of Man and do well. I am afraid it will be Scooch.
- Ann: Cape Fear.
- Mik: Diaspora vote and nothing else: it is just not believable and the shouting at the end…
- Ann: Innocence lost. Gay cruise-tastic.
- Mik: Very refreshing, and they know how to sell this simple song.
- Ann: The fans help this one bring the house down. You go girl!
- Mik: Very Eurovision, and it just works on the evening.
- Ann: A masterclass from start to finish. Shouldn’t be too troubled by the draw – top 3 minimum. (What key is it in?)
- Mik: Absolutely stunning and intriguing: this deserves a medal.
- Ann: Next…computer generated, lacks edge, musical magic and sparkle. No surprises here, and won’t triumph from this starting position.
- Mik: Not as good as it thinks it is or maybe we have seen it too much.
- Ann: ♥️ A true muso. Shame they Disneyfied the a cappella section, but it was a risk.
- Mik: The song has been Disneyfied, and the intimacy has gone, but he is very likeable and charming.
- Ann: Not keen. Doesn’t feel very Eurovision, not very sympatico.
- Mik: Bruno Mars from Australia. It will get a lot of sympathy votes.
- Ann: If this wasn’t #BEL I’d be ROFLing.
- Mik: Wow: it all came together on the night. Will impress both jury and televote.
- Ann: Darryl Hall and John Oates. Nice hat.
- Mik: Good effort but it doesn’t really go anywhere.
- Ann: Tepid moussaka with a twist of James Bond.
- Mik: She does have breathing difficulties. But what a build up.
- Ann: More than a touch of the Robert Palmers here – with his own daughter. Cross fingers this finishes below 19th (#MNE, 2014) and below Serbia, so Željko flounces off in a huff never to return.
- Mik: Yes, we have heard it all before, but Željko is still very talented.
- Ann: One for the clip shows.
- Mik: It’s ok, but she lacks likeability and tries too hard.
- Ann: Surprise qualifier. If only it was a better song.
- Mik: She has had her 15 min of fame, it is just a very boring song.
- Ann: Cake successfully baked! Aminata seems likeable. Will she split the arty poseur vote?
- Mik: What an energy, very fascinating. She knows what she is doing and it will be rewarded.
- Ann: Still liking this, feels genuine, but needs better styling up front. Not keen on the Coldplay moment.
- Mik: A song with a message, but not strong enough.
- Ann: Guilty pleasure.
- Mik: It is an old Eurovision formula that has had its day. Next.
- Ann: Back to the toilet.
- Mik: I do like this one, but it lacks energy and won’t do well.
- Ann: Frankly, who cares? Get over yourself.
- Mik: Talk about a fighter. It just works.
- Ann: More interesting than at first sight: kinda Lord of the Rings tribute.
- Mik: It doesn’t go anywhere, not memorable enough. Bottom.
- Ann: Vocally not flawless in the semi, but this could do it. I’d laugh like a drain.
- Mik: Winner.
- Ann: Another surprise qualifier. On point with the cape (but changed for the final?).
- Mik: How this could go through is a mystery to me. Last.
- Ann: Popera, in Vienna? This is going to feel like the interval act.
- Mik: Italia has got talent: it is everything you would expect from Italia. It’s definitely a hit, but a bit of a one hit wonder. Top 3.